Self-care is more than just indulgence. It means showing yourself the same love and attention you would show a loved one. It’s a very important practice to cultivate especially during trying or socially isolated times. It can be as simple as drinking a cup of green tea, or water with added lemon and minerals, or even just taking a bath instead of a shower. What are some of the ways you practice self-care?
Here are my top at home self-care activities:
1. Treat yourself to a non-toxic at home manicure. I use sundays color #2. Put on some music or a comedy and relax while your nails dry.
2. Cuddle up in a warm, soft natural fibers blanket or robe while listening to a guided meditation.
3. Use Epsom salts and essential oils in a long hot relaxing bath. Put on your favorite tunes and sing along.
4. Dance by yourself! Need energy? Get into the groove by upping your heart rate and burning a few calories. I could suggest listening to Smoke Pop or something a bit more old school like Frank Sinatra.
5. Apply lotion or oil to your body but really set the loving intent in your touch and go slowly from body part to body part. It’s much more effective and less silly than it sounds, I guarantee it.
6. Do a brain dump. Write out or record all your thoughts without censorship whatsoever until you run out of words. This is especially useful for anxiety or ruminations.
7. Go on a walk around your neighborhood! Sit on a bench and have some hot chocolate while people-watching. Sunlight will always do you some good.
8. Cook something nutritious from scratch. When you prepare a healthy meal for yourself it’s a powerful message of love to your body and mind.
9. Send someone a nice message. Maybe this one is a bit of a cheat, but it can really feel good to plan out something nice for someone else.
10. Get dressed to the nines! Sometimes when you’re in a rut, it can be easier to work from the outside in. Make yourself feel like a million dollars. You are!
Let me know if you try any of these and also your best tips! You inspire me. 🙂