Packing Light: Out East (Hamptons Getaway)
Summer is the time to head out east to the beach. The Hamptons weather is never predictable and it’s a challenge to pack light for the jitney or train ride. So you may be asking, “what should I pack for the Hamptons?”
Here are my tips for a comfortable trip:
1. Multitask. Only bring items in colors that work well with everything else you’re bringing. It’s ok to bring one or two statement dresses for an evening out, but since the dress code is resort casual 90% of the time, you may be better off sticking to colors you can mix & match. You can download my style guide in collaboration with the wardrobe planning app Open Wardrobe here.
2. Stay warm. Summer in the city is HOT! But weather is unpredictable and it gets pretty chilly at night 🥶 near the ocean so do bring some light weight pants and definitely a casual jean jacket or sweater. Make sure it matches all your outfits. You’ll be wearing it more often than you think, if not only because of extra stormy AC.
3. Think pastels & neutrals. Nautical and preppy is the vibe you’re going for. Leave the edgy clothes at home. A weekend on the ocean is all about casual elegance.
4. Shoes are important. They must be comfortable! Two pairs should do. One for daytime & the beach, the other a pair of comfortable heels for dinner. Espadrilles and block heels are perfect. Remember, you may be walking on grass for a backyard dinner party!
5. Bikini! This is one of those times you need to bring multiple options for swimwear. If you want to feel extra lavish bring a cover-up too.
6. Toiletries are required. Of course bring your toothbrush etc. But some items to remember are sunscreen, bug repellent & itch cream. Also, don’t forget your sunglasses 😎.
7. Nails & hair can be done prior to leaving so just bring a few travel items for a quick touch-up. For nails, I recommend something classy, non-toxic and travel size, such as the sundays studio travel kit. Use my code BRANADANE for a very special 15% off!
8. Just in case. If you’re a light sleeper bring some earplugs & if you get motion sickness you may want to bring supplies for that too!
9. One purse! Only one. Choose a casual but cute purse that will work day to night. I recommend something lightweight as well.
10. Electronics. Yes, maybe you should check your emails once in a while. Don’t be that girl begging to borrow a charger! Bring it.
11. When in doubt, borrow! The most important element of a great trip is the people you have around you. If you’re lucky like me, maybe they’ll let you borrow a piece or two!
Lastly, you should know the character of the house you’re staying at and adjust your plans accordingly. I hope these packing tips will help you have a great vacation with friends & family.
✨ Comment to Subscribe ✨
Can you be more specific about the content of your article? After reading it, I still have some doubts. Hope you can help me.
Looks really fun!!! Love it!!! You are the star!!! The gorgeous super model!!!
Wow Amazing in sight/ Always a [leasure to read your blogs! Absolutely love the content. You are stunning and a true super model!