Brana is a Guest on “Slo Mo: A Podcast with Mo Gawdat”
Brana speaks with Mo Gawdat about the following topics on episode 60 of his popular podcast, “Slo Mo”:
– Struggling with self-love and the pandemic of insecurity among models
– How fluctuating fashion trends can deem a model’s looks desirable or not
– How models develop thick skin from being criticized bluntly and consistently
– The baffling comment of being told your looks don’t match your personality
– The “Model Mafia” that’s pushing for changes in the fashion industry
– The sad reality of how fashion garments are made and the Rana Plaza collapse
– The practice of luxury fashion burning their unsold stock to maintain scarcity
– A discussion on child models and their extreme vulnerability
– How Brana juggles and threads activism, art, modeling, and media
– Why do we treat women like objects?
– The subjectivity of beauty standards.
– Pro tip: admire the beauty of others rather than envy it
– Seeing the way you dress as a way of showing respect to the people you’re meeting
– Brana’s struggle with an eating disorder